September 6, 2015: President Ashraf Ghani has approved in a decree seven proposals of the Special Electoral Reforms Commission that were submitted to his office last week.In a press statement issued by the president, he praised the performance of the Special Electoral Reforms Commission in the decree, and fully approved the proposals of the first phase of the work of the ERC on reforms in the short term.
The president also tasked the Ministry of Justice and the Office of Administrative Affairs to take immediate measures to provide the legal grounds for the implementation of the seven proposals by the ERC, read the statement.
Status Updated By:Tolo News http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/21267-ghani-issues-decree-on-proposals-by-erc
June 22, 2015: According to Jawed Faisal, Abdullah's deputy spokesman, the national unity government leaders have agreed on the selection of the ERC's chairman, the other members of the commission as well as its overall charge and authorities.President Ashraf Ghani's legal advisor Abdul Ali Mohammadi, had also recently informed the public of the commencement of the Electoral Reform Commission earlier in June.
Status Updated By:Tolo News (http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/20139-ceos-office-says-electoral-reform-commission-to-start-work-by-weeks-end )
March 21, 2015: The 15 member Special Electoral Reform Commission was formed by Presidential Decree on March 21, 2015. However, disagreements between the President and the CEO on the chairmanship of the commission have delayed commencement of the commission's work. Recently reports suggest that the two leaders have agreed to replace the commission's chairman, MP Shukria Barakzai, as well as restructure the commission's original membership from the decree issued in March. To date the commission has not begun its work.
Status Updated By:Tolo News
1. CEO's Office Says Electoral Reform Commission To Start Work By Week's End: http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/20139-ceos-office-says-electoral-reform-commission-to-start-work-by-weeks-end
2. Electoral Reform Commission Decision to Be Announced Next Week:http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/20056-electoral-reform-commission-decision-to-be-announced-next-week-
3. Special Electoral Reform Commission Announced: http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/18714-special-electoral-reform-commission-announced
4. Parliamentary Elections a Serious Challenge for the Government: Ghani: http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/19634-parliamentary-a-serious-challenge-for-the-government-ghani-
5. President, CEO Agree to Appoint New Head of Electoral Reform Commission: http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/19156-president-ceo-agree-to-appoint-new-head-of-electoral-reform-commission
6. Khan Says Lack of Political Will Behind Electoral Reform Impasse: http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/19649-khan-says-lack-of-political-will-behind-electoral-reform-impasse
7. CEO's First Deputy Blasts Electoral Reform Impasse: http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/19570-ceos-first-deputy-blasts-electoral-reform-impasse
8. NGU Leaders Still Split Over Key Electoral Reform Commission Issues: http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/18950-ngu-leaders-still-split-over-key-electoral-reform-commission-issues
9. Calls for Reform, Parliamentary Elections Increase: http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/19606-calls-for-reform-parliamentary-increase
10. Electoral Reform Commission Has Only Advisory Role: http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/18855-electoral-reform-commission-has-only-advisory-role-member"
1. Civil Society Raises Concerns on the Establishment of the Special Electoral Reform Commission Tolo News (4:38): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzTOtQSEmTE